Kansas City business woman posing with arms crossed and smiling in front of office building

School of Professional & Graduate Studies

Financial Aid

Heather Regalado

Assistant Director of Financial Aid

Financial aid is based on your individual financial need. Your financial need is calculated using a formula set by the U.S. Department of Education on their Free Application for Federal Student Aid website.

You can still apply for federal financial aid even if you plan to receive 100% company reimbursement for tuition and books. However, estimated company reimbursement and outside scholarships you receive will be taken into account when aid eligibility is determined.

Financial Aid Information Sheet

Federal Student Loan Rate

Office of Financial Aid


Veterans Education Benefits

Baker is one of America’s top military-friendly colleges and universities according to Military Advanced Education magazine. Learn more about veteran’s benefits for students.

KC Scholars

Learn more about scholarship options for low- to moderate-income students in the greater Kansas City area returning to college to earn an undergraduate degree.

How to Apply for Financial Aid

1. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Once the form is completed, please print off the FAFSA confirmation page and keep it for your records.

2. Complete Baker’s financial aid application.

3. Complete the Title IV authorization form.

4. Complete the entrance counseling and loan application online. When completing the entrance counseling, choose the state “Kansas,” and your school is “Baker University SPGS-Overland Park.” When completing the loan application sign-on using your Student Aid ID (formerly FSA ID). On the left side of the page click on “Complete MPN.” Your state will be “Kansas,” and the school is “Baker University, Baldwin City, KS.”

5. Submit additional documents as requested. You will be notified if additional documentation is required to complete your financial aid application. You can expedite your application by submitting all requested documentation within 10 business days of notification.

6. Accept or decline your award(s). You will be issued an aid offer one to two weeks after beginning your program. You need to either accept or decline the funds available to you and return the form to our Financial Aid Office by the indicated due date via email, fax, or U.S. mail.

Tuition Discount Partnerships are available.

See if Your Organization Is a Partner

Financial Aid Frequently Asked Questions

What is financial aid and how is it determined?

What type of aid is available for undergraduate students at the School of Professional and Graduate Studies?

What type of aid is available for graduate students at the School of Professional and Graduate Studies and the School of Education?

What are eligibility requirements for financial aid?

How much can I borrow?

What are the exceptions to financial aid eligibility?

How do I apply for financial aid?

Are scholarships available?

When will I know what I am eligible for?

How do I receive my funds?

How do I receive a credit balance?

How do I defer my undergraduate student loans?

How often do I have to reapply?

What happens if I withdraw?

What is a leave of absence?

What is Baker’s School Code?

How does company reimbursement affect my aid?

Is Baker University approved for veterans education benefits?

How will I be notified after I have completed my FAFSA or if the FAFSA needs corrections?

I will be getting married soon; how should I fill out my FAFSA?

What does it mean if my file has been selected for verification?

What happens if I get more financial aid than my tuition costs?

Can I lose my eligibility for financial aid if I fail a course?

When will I repay my federal student loans?

Will my application be kept confidential?

Financial Aid Policies