Where Excellent Educators Become Exceptional
Choose from professional development and recertification courses in diverse content areas on a variety of topics.
Register & Start Any Time
Classes are held year-round; new courses start nearly every week. On-campus classes meet at night or on weekends. Day and evening courses are available in the summer.
Course registrations submitted less that two weeks before the start date will not be accepted. If you have questions or concerns, please send them to continuinged@bakerU.edu.
Faculty Have A Passion For Education
All faculty are experienced educators and administrators, either currently working or recently retired. They care about the future of education and are driven to build effective leaders in the field.
Earn graduate credits to meet state recertification requirements.
- Increase knowledge in a particular subject area.
- Increase your classroom effectiveness.
- Enhance your earning power.
- Take courses in Overland Park or online.
Educating with Technology
Gain the power to engage and inspire today’s tech-savvy students.
Continuing education courses for educators cover cloud productivity, social media, multimedia, and more:
- Investigate and evaluate free classroom management apps, web tools, and web-based collaborative productivity tools.
- Learn more about the Google tools developed specifically for educators.
- Create academically challenging games that enhance your curriculum.
- Create tablet-based lessons that foster digital collaboration.
- Create powerful presentations and virtual field trips.
- Explore digital storytelling and blogging.
- Use social media to improve lessons, find resources, collaborate, and communicate.
Continuing Education FAQ
1. Who is eligible to enroll in continuing education courses?
2. How do I register for classes?
3. What are the restrictions on enrollment?
4. Do credits earned through Continuing Education apply to a degree program now or later?
5. What is the refund policy?