Parmenter Hall

Transfer Students

You’ll wonder why you went anywhere else.


Anna McCullough

Assistant Director of International & Transfer Recruitment

Office of Admissions

We know the transfer process can be stressful.

Will your credits transfer? What about financial aid? We will answer these questions and put your mind at ease during this process. We want you to succeed and find your home at Baker.

Admissions Process

Two students studying together in class

Visit Campus

You have questions: Do you offer my major? Will my credits transfer? What kind of financial aid is available? What is there to do on campus?

Schedule a campus or virtual visit.

Three male students walking across Taft Bridge in the fall with masks on.

Exercise Science Transfer Webinar

Friday, April 16, 1 p.m. (CST)

Baker’s exercise science program combines in-depth classroom work with practical, hands-on experience.

Our webinar with exercise science faculty will tell you which courses you need to transfer in as prerequisites, how you can finish your degree on time, and why our graduates have outstanding placement rates in graduate programs and careers!

Webinar Registration

Two students working on a classroom study with a treadmill

Criminal Justice Transfer Webinar

Wednesday, April 28, 2:30 p.m. (CST)

Criminal justice is offered as a concentration within the sociology major. This gives you the broader training and insight into the factors that influence the criminal justice system as well as the societal elements that produce or reduce crime.

Find out how your credits will transfer into this program and why our graduates are sought after by law enforcement agencies and a wide range of other employers!

Dr. Tim Buzzell, professor of sociology, will lead the discussion.

Webinar Registration

Four male students sitting at a table working on a worksheet together

Transfer & International Student Webinars

1 p.m. (CST)

Thursday, April 22

Monday, June 7

Wednesday, July 7


Are you still considering transferring to Baker University? Want to know how your credits will transfer and how to complete your application?

We’ll discuss:

  • Financial aid
  • Transferring credits
  • Admission process
  • Baker’s COVID-19 response

Here’s your opportunity to get answers to your questions and learn why Baker would be a great and affordable fit for you!

International students: We will hold a separate question and answer session at the end just for you. We know there have been a lot of changes recently for our international students and we are here to answer your questions.

Webinar Registration

Baker Bash: Experience a Slice of Orange

Friday, April 23, Noon – 4 p.m | For students planning to enroll next fall

We’ve planned a party just for you!

We’ll start with a picnic lunch and pep rally welcome. Then you can learn more about student organizations and specific academic programs by visiting tables set up across campus. This outdoor party continues with yard games, prizes, Baker gear, and a free T-shirt.

Take a campus tour. And if you have business to take care of, staff from admissions, financial aid, and student affairs will make sure you’re all set to become a Wildcat next fall!

Parents are invited to Coffee and Conversation with campus leaders and parents of current students.

Proper social distancing will be observed, and masks are required on campus. In case of rain, the Baker Bash will be held Friday, April 30.

Register Today

Baker Bash logo. Experience a slice of orange

You Can Afford Baker

Nine of 10 Baker students receive financial aid. We offer the following academic merit scholarships to transfer students.

Eligibility is based on your cumulative transfer GPA as determined by the Baker University registrar during the admission process. Note: these academic scholarships cannot be combined with an athletic GIA scholarship offer.
Additional Scholarship Options

Scholarship/Award Amount Req. GPA Renewal Cum. GPA
Honors Scholarship $13,000 3.60-4.0 3.00
Academic Merit Scholarship $10,000 3.0-3.59 2.50
Wildcat Scholarship $8,000 2.60-2.99 2.25
Phi Theta Kappa Additional $1,000 Membership in PTK



My experience has been great. I was welcomed into the Baker community from the start, and I haven’t looked back. I found my people here and got to start playing basketball again. I owe Baker for all of the growth it continues to bring into my life.

Kinly Grubb | Communications

Class of 2023

How to Transfer to Baker

  • Complete Baker’s admission application. There is no application fee.
    • If you are ready for the last two years of the Bachelor of Science in Nursing program at the School of Nursing in Topeka, follow this admissions process.
  • Submit transcripts from ALL colleges attended. This includes dual-credit courses as well as courses completed at any vocational, technical, two-year, or four-year institution.
    • Unofficial copies may be used for the purposes of admission. They must show both your name and the college name. Submit unofficial copies to
    • Official copies should be sent to Baker University Office of Admissions, PO Box 65, Baldwin City, KS, 66006. Or, if your colleges use a third-party digital service like Parchment or National Student Clearinghouse, please have the transcript sent to our Office of the Registrar at
  • Do you have fewer than 24 college credits? We’ll also need your official high school transcripts and SAT or ACT scores.
    • Official transcripts should be sent to Baker University Office of Admissions, PO Box 65, Baldwin City, KS, 66006. Or, if your colleges use a third-party digital service like Parchment or National Student Clearinghouse, please have the transcript sent to our Office of the Registrar at
    • SAT reporting code: 6031
    • ACT reporting code: 1386
  • Complete your FAFSA (if eligible) and apply for participation awards or additional Baker scholarships. Baker’s FAFSA code is 001903.
  • Schedule an online or on-campus visit! Talk with your admissions counselor, visit with faculty, and get a feel for campus life.

Transfer Equivalency Guide

Baker University accepts credit from all regionally accredited U.S. institutions. BU also accepts military course credits evaluated by the American Council on Education, AP, and CLEP examination credits. Transfer of credit is subject to the following university-wide limitations:

  1. Transfer grade points are not included in the calculation of the Baker University GPA.
  2. Transfer courses in which a grade of C- or higher was earned are accepted for credit.
  3. Remedial courses do not transfer as degree credit.
Baker pennant sitting on taft bridge

Transfer Your Credits

Transcripts must be submitted to the registrar’s office for evaluation. Official transcripts should be sent to Baker University Office of Admissions, PO Box 65, Baldwin City, KS, 66006. Or, if your colleges use a third-party digital service like Parchment or National Student Clearinghouse, please have the transcript sent to our Office of the Registrar at

How Transfer Courses are Evaluated & Avenues for Appeal

Course equivalencies are determined according to course descriptions and content as listed in the catalog of the sending institution. Syllabi for some courses may be required in order to determine final equivalencies or general education credits.

The evaluation is performed by our registrar’s office, who consults with academic departments as needed.

If the student or sending institution disagrees with the course evaluation, a syllabus may be submitted for review, or a request to substitute the nonequivalent course for a Baker requirement may be made. The student’s academic department makes the decision on the substitution request.


Transfer Equivalency Guide for Prospective Baker Students

Baker University’s Transfer Equivalency Guide is intended to help prospective students determine how courses may transfer. This information is not a guarantee or a contract. This is not an official evaluation of your course work and should be used as a guide only. Course evaluations may change over time.

This is not a comprehensive list of courses. If you have taken a course which is not listed in the guide, it does not mean that the course will not transfer; it just means that the course has not previously been evaluated for transfer or may transfer as elective credit.

Courses transferred from four-year institutions will be designated as upper- or lower-division according to the original institution’s course numbering system. Courses from two-year institutions will be designated as lower-division courses. Remedial courses do not transfer as degree credit.

Coursework that has no direct equivalent is coded as elective credit and will appear as 1++ or 3++.

Articulation Agreements

Transfer Credits From a Partner School

Baker University has articulation agreements with community colleges across Kansas, Missouri, and Oklahoma. These agreements provide a plan for transferring your credit hours to Baker and outline the admissions process. It is not necessary to attend a partner institution in order to apply and be admitted as a transfer student to Baker.

What an Articulation Agreement Means for You

If you earn an associate degree with a cumulative transfer GPA of 2.5 or higher, you are guaranteed admission to Baker University.

If your cumulative GPA is 2.6 or higher, you will qualify for an academic merit scholarship.

Baker guarantees the acceptance of all associate credits so long as the courses earned grades of C- or higher and are academic level.

Credit is also granted for CLEP, AP, IB, and military course work. Contact your admissions representative for more details.