Five girls walking on campus

First-Year Students

New Student Checklist

Now that you have chosen Baker, you probably have lots of questions! This checklist will help you get ready to start your Baker journey.


Office of Student Affairs

Macy Warburton

Executive Director of Student Affairs

Long Student Center 205

After Deposit

Register for Orientation

This is where you will get your first-semester schedule, learn the basics of campus, and more! Attendance is required for all new students. Parents and family are welcome to attend.

Choose from these dates: April 30, June 8, June 10, July 22, and August 12.

Register for Orientation

Fill Out the Housing Application

All full-time Baker University students on the Baldwin City campus are required to live in university-sponsored housing. The application provides us with information to make the best housing assignment for all involved.

Submit Housing Application

Submit Immunization Records

Baker University requires students to submit a copy of their updated immunization records. This can be a personal immunization record signed by a health care provider or a physician, a clinic report stating all immunization records, or a copy of school immunization records. The following are required: MMR, Tdap, meningitis and TB screening.

Submit Immunization Records

Set Up Password

Information Technology staff will send you your default password upon being admitted to the university. Change your password to something unique through Access Baker.

Log on to Access Baker

Before Orientation

Submit Final Transcripts and Scores

So that we can build the best schedule possible for your first semester, have your school send us all final transcripts and test scores.

Baker University
Attn: CAS Admissions
PO Box 65
615 Dearborn St.
Baldwin City, KS 66006-0065

Submit Photo for Student ID

Submit a clear and recent color photo taken on a plain white background to be used on your student ID card.

Submit Photo

Take the Language Placement Exam

If you have taken at least two years of Spanish in high school, you may take a language placement exam to continue studying Spanish at the level appropriate for you.

Contact Department of Spanish

Submit Athletic Paperwork

Student-athletes in all sports must have a physical examination along with all forms requested in the Vivature portal before being able to participate in athletic activities. (Student-Athletes Only)

Submit Athletic Paperwork

Before Arriving on Campus

Get a Parking Permit

Bringing a car to campus? Register your car to receive a parking pass at move in.

Get a Parking Permit

Purchase Textbooks

Once you know your fall schedule, you can purchase textbooks through the Baker bookstore.

Purchase Textbooks