Baker University banner

Professional Licensure Requirements


Education and Nursing Programs

The Department of Education has mandated in Federal Regulations 34 CFR 668.43 (a)(5)(v) that each institution inform students whether their program curriculum, both distance education programs and face-to-face programs, meet the state requirements for each program that leads to licensure or certification. Baker University supports two areas in which students may apply for licensure following graduation: education and nursing.

All programs that lead to licensure at Baker University prepare the students for licensure in the state of Kansas. However, which professions are required to be licensed and how licensure functions varies by state, so we have researched the requirements in all other states and US territories and have to the best of our ability made a determination on whether our programs meet these state and territorial requirements. Please note that many states require continuing education by practitioners.

Baker University is a member of NC-SARA; however, NC-SARA membership does not grant reciprocity or exempt us from state professional licensing requirements. As a result, licensing requirements in Kansas may not be recognized as sufficient to obtain a license in any other state.

Nursing majors: View further information about nursing licensure in other states.

Education majors: View further information about teacher licensure in other states.

Baker University shall not be held liable if the student is unable to qualify for licensure or certification in any jurisdiction or cannot obtain a practicum or internship location.