Veterans Education Benefits
A Military-Friendly University
The VA certifying official serves students using VA education benefits through the following programs in conjunction with their enrollment at Baker University:
- Post 9/11 GI Bill® (CH.33)
- Montgomery GI Bill® – Active Duty (CH.30)
- Montgomery GI Bill® – Selected Reserve (Ch. 1606)
- Survivors and Dependents Educational Assistance (CH. 35)
- VA Vocational Rehabilitation (CH. 31)
Find out which program is best for you.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.
Eligibility & Rate of Pursuit
- Baker University does not determine your eligibility; VA officials determine the type and amount of benefits for which you may qualify.
- Baker University does not determine the rate of pursuit for undergraduate students; VA officials do.
- Baker University does, however, determine the rate of pursuit for graduate students based on VA-approved calculations. For an estimate of what your rate of pursuit will be, enter the dates of your nonstandard terms in this credit hour equivalency form.
Enrollment & Certification
To use your VA education benefits, you must first enroll in courses at Baker University and then be certified by the VA certifying official.
Follow the steps below that apply to you:
New or Transfer Students
Students Using CH. 30 or CH. 1606
Students Who Have Changed Their Schedule
Students Who Receive VA Education Benefit Payments
College Financing Plan for Students Eligible for Military Benefits
The College Financing Plan is a standardized financial aid form for all colleges and universities (provided by the U.S. Department of Education) to assist in making aid and cost comparisons for multiple schools simple and easy to read.
The form is available to all students who are service members, veterans, military spouses, and other military family members covered by Executive Order 13607. The form will be emailed to students once they have been accepted and have a package with a cost of attendance and aid for a particular academic year.
Net Price Calculator
Discounts and exemptions are not listed as potential aid on the College Financing Plan. Use the Net Price Calculator for a more detailed and accurate calculation that includes additional institutional, state, and outside aid.
Included on the Plan
- Estimated cost of attendance (tuition and fees, housing and meals, books and supplies, transportation, and other education costs)
- Expected family contribution (determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid [FAFSA] submission)
- Total grants and scholarships (grants and scholarships from Baker University, Federal Pell Grant, grants from your state, and other scholarships you can use)
- Net cost (cost of attendance minus total grants and scholarships)
- VA education benefits (available to eligible students)
- Work options (work-study: federal, state, or institutional)
- Loan options (Federal Direct Subsidized Loan, Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loan)
- Other options (payment plan options, military or national service benefits, Parent or Grad PLUS Loans, nonfederal private education loans)
- Glossary of terms
- Financial Aid Office contact information and customized information from Baker University
Military Discount | See If Your Program Qualifies
Prior Military Training Credit
We accept American Council on Education (ACE) credit recommendations for military education and training offered by the military service branches. The first step is to get an official transcript of your military training. In the event that you do not qualify for a transcript, we can evaluate your military records for possible credit.
Where should I send official copies of military transcripts or military training documentation?
How do I get my Army, Coast Guard, Marine, or Navy transcript?
What if I don’t qualify for a transcript?
- Answers to questions about your VA education benefits | GI Bill® website or 1.888.442.4551
- Verify your attendance online or call 1.877.823.2378
- Sign up or change your direct deposit information | 1.877.838.2778
- VA Debt Management Center | 1.800.827.0648