Writing Assistance for SPGS Students
It might have been a while since you wrote your last college paper, or maybe you have never written one.
Use the resources here to help you write an effective academic essay.
This resource is available to all SPGS students. Refer to your student resource hub in Moodle or contact to your advisor to set up your account.
- Checks for grammar, spelling, punctuation, word choice, or style mistakes in writing.
- Helps with papers, discussion posts, emails, and any other written material.
- Your link to Grammarly is located in your student resource hub, located in Moodle.
Smarthinking Online Tutoring
Every SPGS student has six free hours of tutoring each year.
- Get live writing assistance with a one-on-one tutor.
- Submit essays and resumes for review.
- Smarthinking is available for ANY subject.
- Your link to Smarthinking is located in your student resource hub, located in Moodle.
These APA resources provide guidance on the formatting and style standards for the 7th edition of APA, the required citation style for all SPGS courses. For additional assistance with APA, refer to your student resource hub, located in Moodle.
SPGS Writing Across the Curriculum Rubric
Many instructors use rubrics to communicate their expectations and feedback for assignments. Baker’s writing across the curriculum rubric gives students an idea of what student writing should look like at SPGS.