Earn a Degree in Education at Any Level
Innovative, passionate teachers use Baker University’s education programs to create their own competitive edge.
Here, you’ll build skills and knowledge to lead an elementary or middle school classroom, serve as a high school principal, or act as a dean of students at a university.
Our education programs make your degree in education more accessible—from anywhere. Baker curriculum not only prepares you to teach and lead, but also develops and hones your creativity, problem-solving, and critical-thinking skills.
Baker’s on-campus and online programs in education offer many advantages:
- High rankings and affordability. Our education programs are highly ranked for affordability. We offer the highest ROI of private colleges in Kansas and foster the highest average salaries among graduates of universities in Kansas.
- Unmatched scholarship opportunities. We connect you to several scholarships specific to education, including the Noyce Scholarship and ASTRA Program. It awards $11,000 during the recipient’s junior and senior years as they double major in education and biology, chemistry, or mathematics.
- Personalized support. From answering your first question to helping you find the right course in an education program, Baker supports you every step of the way.
Bachelor’s Education Program
Our bachelor’s education program prepares you to not only be an engaged and effective teacher, but also to understand the learning process, including the environmental, social, cultural, and psychological factors that affect the ability to learn.
Hands-on classroom experience before you graduate is the foundation of our education program. We work closely with school districts across Kansas to help you secure rewarding student-teaching positions and careers after you earn your degree.
Choose a specialization:
- General elementary (K-6)
- Middle school (5-8)
- Secondary level (6-12)
From there, our faculty advisors work closely with students pursuing a simultaneous degree in education and teacher licensure to fulfill requirements for both. Our undergraduate education programs license teachers in many areas. See licensure options.
Master’s Degrees: Online Programs in Education
You’re a teacher who wants to deepen your understanding of teaching, learning, and leadership—and our programs are built for that very purpose.
Our accelerated online programs offer weekly classes held year-round. No matter your long-term goals, Baker has online programs in education to get you there. To supplement what you learn, you can participate in virtual meetings with faculty and classmates that enrich your experience as you connect to lively discussions, listen to guest speakers, and participate in instructor Q&As.
- Master of Science in Instructional Design & Performance Technology: Learn to use instructional design and performance technology to create effective training programs and education experiences with this education degree online.
- Master of Arts in Education: This online degree in education helps you sharpen your skills to become an exemplary and respected educational leader while increasing your earning power.
- Master of Science in School Leadership: Learn how to handle the issues and challenges today’s schools face as you prepare to secure a P-12 building administration license in Kansas or certificate in Missouri.
- Master of Science in Special Education: Become highly marketable and highly valuable with this online education degree by understanding how to work with K-12 students who have high-incidence learning disabilities.
- Master of Science in Higher Education Leadership: Study higher education trends and prepare for roles in advising, enrollment management, admissions, retention, financial aid, or student affairs.
Online Degree in Education: Doctoral Programs
In addition to our bachelor’s and master’s degree programs, you can also earn one of three online doctoral degrees—with all the same benefits that any Baker online education degree offers, including virtual meetings to foster valuable connections between faculty, classmates, and industry leaders.
Depending on the program you select, you’ll be ready to lead at any academic level, spearhead learning and teaching research, and transform education policy.
- Doctor of Education in Instructional Design & Performance Technology: This is the only online doctoral program of its kind in the region that prepares you to use instructional design and performance technology to lead and direct training and performance in a variety of workplaces.
- Doctor of Education in Educational Leadership: Our online education degree prepares you to become a more effective leader at the district level and gain a better understanding of executive decision-making.
- Doctor of Education in Leadership in Higher Education: Prepare to pursue leadership positions at public and private institutions, community colleges, and technical colleges with this online degree in education.
Online Continuing Education for Educators
We offer year-round online professional development and recertification courses for education professionals.
As part of our online programs in education, our continuing education programs provide these benefits:
Earn graduate credits to meet state recertification requirements.
Increase knowledge in a particular subject area.
Increase your classroom effectiveness.
Boost your earning power.
We also offer online programs in education specifically to help you engage and inspire tech-savvy students. Learn about academically challenging games that enhance curriculum, tablet-based lessons that foster digital collaboration, and how social media can improve lessons, find resources, collaborate, and communicate.
Baker Is Military Friendly
Military Advanced Education named Baker University one of America’s Top Military-Friendly Colleges and Universities. Veterans and active-duty service members and their spouses may qualify for tuition discounts.