Campus Work Study
Work Study & Time Sheet Guidelines
New hires must visit the Human Resources Office with their social security card or another form of acceptable identification* and their driver’s license to complete I-9 paperwork. New hires also need to bring their bank information to set up direct deposit paperwork. The Human Resources Office is located in Constant Hall, Room 4.
Call the Office of Human Resources at extension 8313 to verify other acceptable identification.
Important Steps for Properly Complete the Time Sheet
- The department, job title, and pay period beginning/ending must be listed on the time sheet.
- Dates must be recorded above each day worked.
- The times worked must be accurately reported (e.g., 8:00-12:00 a.m.). Round time to the nearest 15 minutes. Please do not indicate time as 9:05-10:15 a.m. (9:00-10:15 a.m. is more reasonable).
- The hours worked must be totaled for each day and then across for each week.
- Signatures must be clear and legible.
It is the supervisor’s responsibility to ensure the accuracy of the hours reported, sign the time sheet and obtain the student’s signature. It is the responsibility of the supervisor or the student to deliver the time sheet to the Financial Aid Office on the due date.
Students May Not Work Under the Following Circumstances
- During a regularly scheduled class time, unless that class has been canceled or released early (Student must indicate the reason on his or her time sheet or the hours will be removed.)
- More than eight hours per day
- More than six hours without a break
- More than 20 hours per week during the academic year
- More than 37.5 hours during the summer, if not enrolled
Student employees must be given a 15-minute break for each consecutive four-hour period worked in a single day. Many areas do not have a scheduled break, allowing employees to use the restroom as needed during that four-hour period. If a job requires that an employee not leave his or her workspace for four hours, that employee should be given a 15-minute break.
REMEMBER, the student’s work award may be greater than hours allocated for the position accepted. Students who accept more than one position are limited to the maximum hours of the work award.
If a student is terminated from a job, he or she will not be eligible for another one during that school year.
Office of Financial Aid
8 a.m. — 4:30 p.m. | Monday — Friday
Time sheets can be picked up from your supervisor or in the Financial Aid Office in Denious Hall.
Time sheets not turned in by 4 p.m. on the date due will be held for processing until the following month.