Jul 26, 2018 | Education, SOE Grad
Baker offers Bahamas cruise for continuing education credits
Baker University’s School of Education has partnered with Teach Your Heart Out (TYHO) to offer 1 hour of graduate credit while you cruise the Bahamas.
TYHO provides innovative, life-changing, and one-of-a-kind professional development opportunities to teachers who aspire to create classrooms that promote social emotional health, creativity, service learning, and a positive culture.
After completing the course, teachers should be able to accomplish the following:
- Apply new knowledge gained through pedagogical discussions
- Develop skills in promoting social emotional health in the classroom
- Design classroom experiences that are centered on 21st century skills
- Cultivate higher-level thinking through questioning, academic discussion, and writing strategies
- Use different modalities to design personalized learning experiences for students
- Apply innovation in best practices for technology integration
- Develop an action plan for implementing new skills
The Bahamas cruise takes place on the Royal Caribbean cruise line from June 21 to 24, 2019. Online course work will follow from June 25 to July 12, 2019, consisting of a capstone reflection project of the lessons you experienced on the cruise and how you will apply them to your classroom in the fall.
Register online for Baker credit. In addition to registering for Baker credit, you must also register for the trip by May 31, 2019.
For more information, contact the Tami Zillig, director of continuing education, at 913.344.6038 or tami.zillig@bakerU.edu.