A variety of exciting events will be held to celebrate Baker University’s 2017 Homecoming weekend.
The weekend kicks off Friday evening, Sept. 15, with the Athletic Hall of Fame Induction and Student-Athlete Awards Banquet in Overland Park, Kansas. Baker will induct four new members into the Hall of Fame and recognize current NAIA All-Americans, All-America Scholar-Athletes, and All-Heart of America Athletic Conference First Team performers.
A full slate of events is scheduled for Saturday, Sept. 16:
- Baker baseball and softball alumni may register to participate in alumni games. Registration for the 10 a.m. baseball game is at 9 m. at Sauder Field. The softball game is at 10 a.m. at Cavaness Field.
- Sorority and Fraternity chapter houses will hold open houses 10 – 11 a.m.
- The dance team will hold a reunion on the lawn at Liston Stadium at 11:30 a.m. and perform the fight song with the current dance team at 12:45 p.m.
- The free Alumni Tailgate Luncheon will be held at 11 m., and younger fans can enjoy inflatables in the Wildcat KidZone.
- The Baker Wildcats kick off against Graceland at 1 m. at Liston Stadium.
- Homecoming Weekend culminates with the women’s and men’s soccer teams facing Clarke University. The women play at 6 p.m. and men at 8:30 p.m.
“Homecoming is a great way to stay connected to Baker,” said Doug Barth, ’91, Director of Alumni Relations. “It’s a fun opportunity to visit with old friends and classmates while enjoying free food at the alumni and friends tailgate. Bring you children or grandchildren with you to experience the inflatables in the Wildcat KidZone inside Liston stadium, and stick around to watch our undefeated Baker Wildcat football team.”
For more information about Homecoming Weekend activities, visit www.bakerU.edu/homecoming.