Nursing professor giving a lecture to students in a classroom

Online ADN to MSN

Financial Aid & Scholarships


Marlene Eicher

School of Nursing

Assistant Dean of Graduate Programs

How to Apply for Financial Aid

Students who wish to be considered for financial aid are required to fill out two forms: the Baker University Application for Scholarship and Financial Aid and the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Three types of aid are available to those who qualify: grants, scholarships, and loans. Grants and scholarships do not need to be repaid. Student loans are repaid after graduation.

Follow these steps:

  1. Submit an Application for Admission and Financial Aid.
  2. Complete the FAFSA.
  3. Complete the entrance counseling and loan application online if you want to use federal student loan eligibility. Use your FSA ID to sign in.
Nursing student taking vitals of dental patient

Grants, Loans & Scholarships

Federal Pell Grants are based on FAFSA results. They are not available to students with a bachelor’s degree.

Federal Supplemental Education Opportunity Grants are for students who are eligible for a Federal Pell Grant.

Kansas Comprehensive Grants are available to full-time Kansas residents and are based on need. You must be enrolled in 12 hours per semester and maintain a 2.0 grade point average. They are not available to students with a bachelor’s degree. FAFSA must be completed annually by April 1.


Outside Scholarships: Baker’s quarterly Outside Scholarship Newsletter lists many scholarship opportunities.

Tuition Discount Partnerships

Tuition Discount Through Your Employer

Education is a benefit to you and your employer. View the list of tuition discount partners.

Baker University Alumni Discount

As a Baker graduate, you are eligible for a 10% alumni tuition discount.

For more information on how to receive your tuition discount, contact your enrollment recruiter.


Federal Direct Stafford Loans fall into two categories: fall into two categories: subsidized and unsubsidized. Subsidized loans are based on need and the federal government pays the interest while you are in school. Unsubsidized loans are not based on need, and the federal government does not pay the interest while you’re in school.  You have the option of paying the interest while you’re in school or having it added to the principle when you go into repayment. A FAFSA is required annually.

Federal Direct Parent Loan for Undergraduate Students (PLUS) are not based on need, but a FAFSA form must be filed. The maximum your parent may borrow is the cost of attendance minus any financial aid that you receive.

Alternative Loans – A variety of alternative private credit-based student loans are available. Information about these loans is available from Baker’s Financial Aid Office.

We recommend that you exhaust all federal student loan eligibility before applying for a private credit loan. Private credit loans can help bridge the gap between the actual cost of your education and the amount the government allows you to borrow. Private loans are credit based and lenders will review your history of borrowing money and paying it back; therefore, they can be denied.

Here is a list of lenders that Baker University has worked with: Enter Baker University and choose undergraduate.

All freshmen must have a credit-worthy coborrower, and upperclassmen with weak credit history may be required to have a coborrower. Repayment begins six months after you graduate, leave school, or drop to less than half-time enrollment. The minimum monthly payment is typically $50, and flexible repayment options are available.