Because we are a leader in nursing education in Kansas, health-care professionals throughout the region seek Baker graduates for their excellent preparation and knowledge.
School of Nursing Visit Days | 2:30 – 4:30 p.m.
- Friday, April 7, 2017
- Friday, Oct. 20, 2017
- Friday, April 13, 2018
If you would like to schedule a personalized visit, please call 888.866.4242 or email Cara Bonfiglio at cara.bonfiglio@bakerU.edu.
Pozez Education Center
1505 SW Eighth Ave., Topeka, KS 66606
Enter the hospital at the main entrance across from the parking garage on Horne Street. Parking in the garage is free.
Do you have questions about nursing education and Baker’s BSN program? Below are answers to common questions. If we haven’t answered yours, please call us at 888.866.4242.
1. When do courses start?
2. How are students admitted?
3. What do I need to submit for admission?
Complete the online application before August 10 for admission in the spring semester, which begins in January, or before December 15 for the fall semester, which begins in late August. You must also submit an official high school transcript and official transcripts from all the universities and colleges you’ve attended.
4. Is it best to apply before asking for transcripts?
5. How many hours per week are students in classes?
6. How many credits are earned for classes and for clinicals?
Lecture classes: 1 credit hour for one contact hour per week
Clinicals: 1 credit hour for three contact hours per week
7. Are scholarships available?
8. Can nursing courses be taken before entering the nursing program?
9. Does Baker offer an LPN program?
10. How long will it take to get a nursing degree?
11. Are classes available for part-time students?
12. Are classes held during the day or during the evening?
13. Are nursing classes more difficult than the two years of general education coursework?
14. Do all general education prerequisite courses have to be completed before entering the program, and what grades are needed?
15. Is the SAT or ACT required?
16. Is credit given for life experiences or paramedical work?
Student Admissions & Progressions Coordinator
785.354.5850 | 888.866.4242
Pozez Education Center
1505 SW Eighth St.
Topeka, KS 66606
Baker School of Nursing
1500 SW 10th St.
Topeka, KS 66604