Asst. Professor of Sports Administration
Mabee Memorial Hall #307
Sports Administration Club
The SA Club meets twice monthly. Please contact faculty sponsor Chad Gerber for additional information.
This student organization fosters a sense of community among students in the sports administration program while preparing them for careers in the sports industry.
- To provide opportunities for students to gain experience through volunteerism and internships at sports events
- To provide networking opportunities with sport industry professionals
- To provide value to sport and service organizations through event support, research, and specialized client projects
Past Club Activities
- Worked on media relations team for the 2016 NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament in Denver, Colorado
- Worked on media relations team for the 2015 Mountain West Basketball Tournament in Las Vegas, Nevada
- Provided fan research for Sporting Kansas City on sponsor recall among its fans, April 2016
- Volunteered at AllPlay Park in Omaha, Nebraska, helping children with disabilities play baseball in the Miracle League
- Worked the 2013 and 2014 Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl in Atlanta, Georgia, supporting media relations and the ambassador program