The Quayle Bible Collection is housed in the Spencer Wing of Collins Library, located on the Baker University campus.
Detail from the fireplace in the 17th Century Drawing Room
Detail from the tapestry of the Marriage of David and Bathsheba.
Bishop Quayle was a prolific author
Leaf from the Gutenberg Bible (early 1450s)
Visiting the Collection
- Collins Library
- 518 Eighth Street
- The collection will be closed August 2013
- June and July 2013 Hours:
- 1 - 4 p.m. Tuesday - Sunday
- Call or email to arrange a tour:
- quayle@bakerU.edu | 785.594.8414
- The Quayle collection is just inside the front door of the Spencer Wing, Collins Library on the Baker University campus.
Quayle Bible Collection
The Secret Life of a Jacobean Drawing Room
On display September 2012 through August 2013
The current exhibit, The Secret Life of a Jacobean Drawing Room, explores the seventeenth century world of the Urishay Manor in the Welsh Marches. Bibles, sermons, and religious books of the period on display include seventeenth century books by religious partisans in the Civil Wars, and examples of binding and illustrations of the era. A 1662 Book of Common Prayer is open to a prayer of thanksgiving for the foiling of the Gunpowder Plot on November 4, 1605, 407 years ago.