Rice Auditorium | 9 a.m to Noon
Prepare for district and state choir auditions with Baker University choral faculty and Director of Choral Ensembles Dr. Ryan Olsen, who will serve as the workshop clinician.
Students must provide their own copies of the KMEA audition pieces and should bring a water bottle and pencil for the day. There is no workshop fee. .
The workshop begins at 9 a.m., so please arrive on campus around 8:45 a.m. in order to register. The workshop will conclude by noon.
- Sight-singing practice and tips to improve sight-singing success
- Clinic on audition repertoire for All-State Treble and Mixed Choirs
- Vocal technique workshops focusing on treble voices and changing tenor and bass voices
- Performances by Baker University choirs
- Demonstration and practice of All-State audition process
- Strategies for audition success and dealing with performance anxiety when auditioning
Masks are required in indoor community spaces such as Rice Auditorium, Owens Musical Arts Building, and the Long Student Center. This also applies to crowded events outdoors such as the Marching Festival.
When outdoors in uncrowded and well-ventilated spaces, please enjoy the fresh air, but remain cognizant of those around you.