Earn Your MS in Higher Education Leadership
Get an advanced degree, hands-on experience, and an unmatched professional network with an MS in higher education leadership from Baker University.
Dynamic online classes emphasize engagement, collaboration, and inclusiveness. Two individualized practicums help you learn how to solve critical issues in leadership at any higher education institution—something other online higher education master’s programs don’t always offer.
Our curriculum prepares you to be a student-centric leader with expertise vital to all institutions:
- Diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Social justice and ethics
- Strategic planning, assessment, and technology
While you earn a master’s in higher education leadership, you’ll also build a valuable network of higher education leaders, faculty, and peers who enrich your experiences and give you a trusted group of colleagues to reach out to throughout your career.
Baker’s academic advising team acts as your partner as you earn an MS in higher education leadership. We’ll help you plan your courses so you can efficiently complete the program and start the next phase of your career.
Program Highlights: MS in Higher Education Leadership
Our online higher education master’s program helps you keep up with the fast-paced world of education so you can effectively lead teams, students, and curriculum initiatives.
Keep your job while earning your graduate degree. The flexibility of our online higher education master’s program helps you take your full-time work to the next level while you study.
Here’s what you can expect from this higher education master’s program:
Connect with skilled faculty. Learn from experienced practitioners who know the work of higher education leaders inside and out. They successfully navigate the higher education landscape and can share what they’ve learned.
Learn from more than lectures. Part of your coursework includes virtual breakout sessions with faculty, peers, and experts in the field so you can discuss firsthand experiences and real-world recommendations.
Be prepared to lead. Higher-education institutions need leaders who understand how to effectively lead others. Build confidence in knowing you’ll be ready to lead with intention and insight.
Study modern concepts. The MS in higher education leadership aligns with the issues and trends of today and tomorrow while strengthening your change management, conflict management, policy development, leadership, and human resource skills.
Exceptional Experiences: MS in Higher Education Leadership
Benefit from your own mentor. Spend time with a mentor in a higher education setting to develop and enhance your leadership skills. You’ll learn to apply theory to experiential situations and make professional connections.
Prepare for a doctoral degree. If a PhD or EdD is in your future—such as Baker’s EdD in Higher Education—then Baker’s online higher education master’s program is a great step in your journey. Enter a doctoral program with a solid foundation of knowledge and skills to build on.
We work with your schedule. With your full-time job, family, and other commitments, you already have a full schedule. Our higher education master’s program is designed to be flexible. Make time for your classes whenever it works best.
Get hands-on career practice. Participate in two tailored practicums based on your career goals. You’ll get to work directly with undergraduate students so you’re career-ready once you have your degree.
Financial Aid: MS in Higher Education Leadership
Learn how affordable online higher education master’s programs can be. You’ll find the return on investment you’re looking for with Baker University’s highly ranked online programs.
In fact, Baker offers the highest return on investment of private colleges in Kansas, according to Georgetown University Center on Education and the Workforce (2022).
Meet Our MS in Higher Education Leadership Program Developer
Dr. Jackie Vietti, President Emeritus, Butler County CC
Example Courses: Higher Education Master’s Program
A master’s in higher education leadership from Baker means you’ll participate in online courses like these:
- The College Student, Enrollment Management, and Articulation: Study the college environment through the student paradigm with an emphasis on shifting student recruitment, retention, and articulation patterns.
- Resource Development and External Relations: Expand your understanding of higher education financial resources, resource allocation, and budget management, including resource development, capacity building, institutional advancement, external partnership building, and community relations.
- Assessment, Evaluation, and Technology: Get an overview of relevant research methodologies and apply these skills through an evaluation project plan. Address the connection between institutional technology resources and successful application.
- Leading Through Change, Innovation, and Strategic Planning: Examine institutional strategic planning and leadership models for organizing, staffing, and funding programs and services across the institution.
Requirements & Curriculum