Adaptive & Ethical Leadership
Employers in higher education seek job candidates with advanced degrees and professional experience. Our online master’s gives you both.
Most of all, the MSSA for Leadership in Higher Education will provide you a learning community that encourages networking and lasting connections throughout the program and beyond. It is also excellent preparation for Baker’s doctoral program in leadership in higher education.
Courses are taught by faculty who are respected practitioners in their field and excited to share their expertise. They are doing the work and navigating the issues facing higher ed. The curriculum focuses on contemporary issues and trends in higher education and skills in leadership, change management, conflict management, policy development, budget and human resource functions, and assessment in student affairs.
You will gain extensive hands-on work experience in student affairs during two individualized practicums based on your personal career goals. The practicums will provide experience in solving critical issues in leadership in a variety of settings, including technical colleges, community colleges, and four-year public and private institutions.
Develop the skills to thrive in these higher education roles:
- Advising, Orientation, and Counseling
- Career Planning and Placement
- Enrollment Management, Admissions, Financial Assistance, and Retention
- Resource Development and Alumni Relations
- Student Affairs and Student Success
Gain expertise vital to residential and virtual campuses:
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Social Justice and Ethics
- Strategic Planning, Assessment, and Technology
You can Do this
- The online master’s program fits the demanding schedule of working professionals.
- Seven-week online classes are supplemented by virtual class time and opportunities for virtual breakout meetings with faculty, peers, and experts in the field.
- Two individualized practicums based on your career goals and working directly with undergraduate students make you career ready upon graduation.
- The program can be completed in about two years.
The extensive on-site, hands-on supervised practicums inspire self-confidence and self-reliance in dealing with undergraduate students, making you career ready upon completion of the program.
Learn From The Best
All faculty are experienced practitioners actually doing the work in their respective field and successfully managing the current higher education landscape. Faculty have extensive knowledge about student personnel to help you succeed.
10% Tuition Discount For Baker Alumni
As a Baker grad, you’ve built the foundation for an excellent career. Keep that momentum going by earning your MAEd, MS-IDPT, MSSL, MSSA, or MSSE degree at Baker. You’re eligible for a 10% alumni tuition discount!
More Info: 913.344.1203 or education@bakerU.edu
Dr. Jackie Vietti, President Emeritus, Butler County CC
Requirements & Curriculum
Transfer of Credit
1. What can I do with an MSSA for Leadership in Higher Education?
2. Do I have to take the GRE?
3. How long will it take me to earn my MSSA for Leadership in Higher Education?
4. How much time must I commit to my courses to be a successful student? How many hours of homework per week?
5. What is supervised practice in student affairs?
6. Do I have to find my own supervised practice in student affairs sites?