School of Professional & Graduate Studies and School of Education Graduate Programs
If you have questions related to graduation resources, please contact the records office academicrecords@bakerU.edu.
When Will I Graduate?
Your degree will be posted to your official academic record, your transcript after the following has been completed:
- You have filed the intent to graduate form
- You have completed all degree requirements
- The university has validated your degree completion
The “Degree Awarded” date posted to your transcript coincides with one of the following:
- The last day of your final Baker course
- The date of validation to the registrar of completion of final bachelor’s-level degree requirement(s) through Baker’s Prior Learning Assessment Center:
- Nonexam submissions: January 15
- CLEP/DSST examinations: March 1 for exam completion
Undergraduate Scholastic Honors
The determination of scholastic honors for graduates earning associate and bachelor’s degrees is determined upon completion of all degree requirements and posted to the transcript in association with the degree statement. For the purpose of recognizing scholastic honors in the commencement ceremony program, this determination is made at least six weeks before commencement. Scholastic honor cords are not part of the commencement regalia.
Commencement Ceremony Participation
Participation in a commencement ceremony is not required but encouraged. To participate, you must complete all degree requirements by June 30 for participation in the spring ceremony.
Students who have completed their bachelor’s program core courses must have a plan on file with the registrar’s office validating how they will meet their final outstanding requirements by the June 30 deadline. This plan is submitted with the intent to graduate form.