Students during a mass media theory class

Earn Baker University Credits While You’re in High School

Concurrent Credit Partnership

Blue Valley | De Soto | Olathe | Shawnee Mission

Lanie Fasulo

Director of Concurrent Credit

Baker University’s concurrent credit partnership allows qualifying high school students in the Blue Valley, De Soto, Olathe, and Shawnee Mission school districts to experience college-level course work and to earn Baker University credit while still in high school.

Courses are taught by the student’s high school staff on their high school campus during regular school hours. If you have questions, contact your high school instructors for more information.

Students listing during class

Scholarship Opportunity: Stay in the Baker Family

As a concurrent credit student, you may be eligible for a scholarship when you attend Baker full time after your high school graduation.


We want you to stay in the Baker family, so we offer a $50,000 scholarship over a four-year, degree-seeking enrollment period to students who earn a C or better in their concurrent credit course.

Enrollment Process

Students may enroll online in August for fall courses and in January for spring courses.

Contact your high school counselor for course availability and timelines.

Enroll Online

Concurrent Credit Benefits

Academic and financial advantages:

  • Student success in rigorous courses
  • Affordable university credit
  • Reduction in college expense
  • Qualification for Baker scholarships

Interaction with highly qualified faculty:

  • High school staff are master teachers.
  • Collaborating Baker University staff hold doctoral degrees.
  • Experience with college-level work while receiving support from your high school teacher
  • Counselor’s guidance in determining readiness for college-level course work

Concurrent Credit FAQs

Am I eligible to earn Baker credits?

What grade must I achieve to also earn college credit from Baker?

How much does it cost?

I have already earned my Baker credits, but I need to transfer them to another university. How do I do this?

Who should I contact if I have more questions about enrollment or my grade?

Where can I find my tax information for my tuition payment to Baker?

General Grading Policies

Baker University uses a straight letter grade system: Plus and minus grades are not given. The only grades available to the instructor are A, B, C, D, and F.

A grade of “incomplete” is not an option for concurrent credit courses. Students should contact their school counselor in the case of exceptional circumstances.