The option of building-level licensure provides an opportunity for teachers in Kansas who already have a master’s degree and at least three years of teaching experience to complete additional coursework and become a school administrator.
Gain the Following
Practical experience while working alongside a practicing school administrator
Opportunities for professional growth
Students can obtain building licensure in the state of Kansas. Students outside of Kansas should check with the Department of Education in their state to see if this licensure is accepted.
Requirements & Curriculum
Directed Field Experience FAQ
The capstone project consists of directed field experience, which is similar to a practicum and provides you with hands-on experience as you work alongside a practicing school administrator.
1. What is directed field experience?
2. When can I begin my DFE?
3. What happens after my application to begin DFE is received?
4. Are there reasons my application might not be approved?
5. Do I have recourse if my application is not approved?
6. Who are the key people involved in my DFE?
7. How long will the DFE take?
8. How will my DFE be assessed?