Prepare for the Praxis building license assessment. This graduate-level endorsement program leads to building-level licensure and provides an opportunity for teachers in Kansas who already have a master’s in education* and at least one year of teaching experience to complete coursework at a lower credit hour cost and a path to a role as a school administrator.
In addition to graduate-level coursework, you will gain hands-on experience working alongside a practicing school administrator during your directed field experience.
*Accepted master’s degrees are evaluated by the admissions team. Please contact education@bakerU.edu if you have questions.
When can I start?
The next program starts in October 2023.
What is the cost?
Building licensure students receive a 30% discount off the $366 per credit hour cost.
- 9 credit hours of principalship courses
- 4 credit hours of directed field experience
What is an endorsement?
This endorsement program prepares you to take the Praxis exam for building licensure in Kansas. (Students outside of Kansas should check with the Department of Education in their state to see if this licensure is accepted.)
Who should I contact?
Contact Jacob Hemenway for information on how to enroll: jacob.hemenway@bakerU.edu
What We Need From You
- Official transcript from the institution that granted master’s degree
- Teaching certificate
- At least one academic year of professional employment in an accredited K-12 school
- Three professional references (as a part of your application)
- Completed application form Choose School Leadership (licensure only, nondegree seeking)
- $20 application fee
- Copy of teaching certificate
- Official transcripts from master’s degree institution (How to send transcripts to Baker.)
- International students should contact education@bakerU.edu for more information.