Earn Your Doctorate in Education Leadership in P-12
Whether you’re an aspiring or current administrator, an EdD in Educational Leadership (P-12) from Baker University equips you with knowledge and expertise to improve learning outcomes for students in their most formative years.
This doctorate in education leadership is built on five fundamental subjects to help you become an innovator who provides valuable services and guidance to diverse communities of families:
1. Effective leadership practices
2. Enrichment through diversity
3. Critical thinking and problem-solving
4. Communication and collaboration
5. Beliefs, values, and ethical issues
P-12 schools, elementary schools, middle schools, and high schools across the country are searching for professionals with a doctor of education in leadership who can transform schools by improving learning environments and approaches for P-12 students.
Baker’s recruiting team acts as your partner as you earn a doctorate in education leadership. We’ll help you plan your courses so you can efficiently complete the program and start the next phase of your career.
Program Highlights: Doctorate in Education Leadership (P-12)
Develop your decision-making and leadership skills while spending just a few hours in class each week to earn a doctoral degree in education.
If you already have a master’s degree in educational administration and have obtained district-level licensure in Kansas or Missouri, then you’re eligible to earn a doctorate in education online at Baker with reduced credit hours and tuition.
You can expect these benefits from this doctorate in education leadership program as well:
- Qualify for licensure.The objectives of our doctor of education in leadership program closely align with the Kansas State Department of Education’s professional standards for district leadership licensure, allowing you to obtain district-level (superintendent) licensure in Kansas.
- Study online. Although many of our doctorate programs in education are held online, including the EdD in Leadership in P-12, you’ll be part of dynamic discussions between students and faculty that introduce new ideas and perspectives.
- Take education to the next level. Earning a doctorate in education leadership prepares you to contribute to the creation high-performing schools and districts that promote excellence and equity among students and teachers.
- Learn from practitioners. Study with administrators and experts in education leadership. Our close-knit environment supports personal attention and interaction.
What Can You Do With an EdD in Leadership in P-12?
Make impactful changes at the district and school level in public or private P-12 settings, as well as online schools, county offices of education, and community organizations.
Learn about ethics, financial and organizational management, education policy, instructional strategies that reach diverse student populations, and assessing and applying research to establish new courses of action.
Baker’s doctorate in education online prepares you to take on these types of roles:
- Chief school administrator
- Assistant superintendent
- Director of education
- Assistant principal
- Department chair
Whether you’re working directly with students and families, or you’re working behind the scenes on curriculum, instruction, and technology initiatives, you’ll play a significant part in building the world’s P-12 schools of the future.
BROOKE | EdD, ’16, MSSL ’10, BS ’07
Financial Aid: EdD in Higher Education Leadership
You might be surprised at how affordable doctorate programs in education online can be. You’ll find the return on investment you’re looking for with Baker University’s highly ranked online programs: higher lifetime earning potential, new career opportunities, and more.
In fact, Baker offers the highest return on investment of private colleges in Kansas and is in the top 15 percent nationwide, according to Georgetown University Center on Education and the Workforce.
Baker Is Military Friendly
Military Advanced Education named Baker University one of America’s Top Military-Friendly Colleges and Universities. Veterans and active-duty service members and their spouses may qualify for tuition discounts.
Requirements & Curriculum
Directed Field Experience
Related Programs at Baker University
If you want to work in higher education or other types of education environments, Baker offers two additional doctoral programs:
- EdD in Leadership in Higher Education: Lead the future of higher education and empower students and faculty in a diverse and transforming world.
- EdD in Instructional Design & Performance Technology: Earn an instructional design degree while you develop human performance technology skills to improve productivity, comprehension, and retention in education and workplace settings.