Effective Leadership & Decision-Making
Become a more effective leader and gain a better understanding of decision making at the executive level. The Ed.D. curriculum consists of 59+ credit hours and prepares candidates to pursue leadership positions in four-year public and private institutions, community colleges, and technical colleges.
Graduates are prepared to assume a variety of leadership roles:
Major committee leader
The Council for the Advancement of Standards in Higher Education serves as the foundation for this program of study.
Attend classes remotely via videoconferencing.
Earning your EdD has never been more convenient.
We now offer our EdD in Leadership in Higher Education through video conferencing using Zoom technology. This allows students who don’t live near one of our campuses to be a part of the classroom without ever setting foot inside!
Faculty Have A Passion For Education
All faculty are experienced educators and administrators in higher education, either currently working or recently retired, and bring diverse perspectives on leadership to their courses. Baker faculty care deeply about the future of education and are driven to build effective leaders in the field.
Baker graduate programs are approved for federal financial loan programs. Contact Financial Aid for further information.
The Ed.D. program is approved by the Higher Learning Commission (312.263.0456, hlcommission.org).
BRETT BRUNER | Ed.D. 2017
Requirements & Curriculum
Directed Field Experience
- The EdD in Leadership in Higher Education program fits the demanding schedules of adult educators.
- Each doctoral class meets remotely via videoconferencing from 5:30 to 9:30 p.m. central time one night a week for seven weeks.
- The EdD in Leadership in Higher Education is delivered in our popular cohort model.
- Course work is completed in two years.
- The third year is devoted to completing the dissertation.
EdD in Leadership in Higher Education FAQ