Transfer Equivalency Guides

Baker University accepts credit from all regionally accredited U.S. institutions. BU also accepts military course credits evaluated by the American Council on Education, AP and CLEP examination credits. Transfer of credit is subject to the following university-wide limitations:

  1. Baker will accept up to 12 credit hours of technical courses completed at other accredited institutions.
  2. Transfer grade points are not included in the calculation of the Baker University GPA.
  3. Transfer courses in which a grade of C- or higher was earned are accepted for credit.
  4. Remedial courses do not transfer as degree credit.
How to Transfer Your Credit

Request that a final official college transcript from any college or colleges you have attended be sent directly from the registrar of that college to Baker University, Attn. Enrollment Department, 7301 College Blvd., Ste. 120, Overland Park, KS 66210. Baker University also accepts certified PDF transcripts sent to

Students with college work in progress may be admitted provisionally based on an official but incomplete transcript; however, an official transcript must be submitted before the end of the first Baker course showing completion of the hours in progress. An admission decision is subject to review if the final transcript reflects a change in academic standing.

How Transfer Courses Are Evaluated & Avenues for Appeal

Evaluation to determine course transferability is based on course content as described in the catalog course description of the sending institution. This evaluation is performed by an admission and transfer credit specialist.

If the student disagrees with the course evaluation, a course syllabus may be submitted for review, and a final decision will be made by the admission and transfer credit specialist.

Transfer Guides for Prospective Students

Baker University’s Transfer Guides are intended to show prospective students how courses may transfer. This information is not a guarantee or contract. This is not an official evaluation of your transfer work and should be used as a guide only. Course evaluations are date sensitive and change over time. Courses transferred from other four-year institutions will be designated upper or lower division according to the original institution’s numbering system. Courses from two-year institutions will be designated as lower-division courses. Remedial courses do not transfer.

pdf Allen Community College

pdf Barton Community College

pdf Butler Community College

pdf Cowley College

pdf Emporia State University

pdf Fort Hays State University

pdf Highland Community College

pdf Hutchinson Community College

pdf Johnson County Community College

pdf Kansas State University

pdf Kansas City Kansas Community College

pdf Metropolitan Community College

pdf Neosho County Community College

pdf University of Kansas

pdf University of Missouri at Kansas City

pdf Washburn University

pdf Wichita State University

Degree Program Checklists | Transfer Credit Evaluation & Degree Requirements

I Have Earned an AA or AS Degree

Articulation Agreement for the 30 credit hour General Education Requirement | Typically, an earned Associate of Arts or Associate of Science degree from a regionally accredited institution will satisfy the 30-credit-hour general education requirements in arts and humanities, social science, and science. The degree will be evaluated by the Office of the Registrar upon receipt of official transcript containing the degree statement.

pdf Bachelor of Business Administration, Leadership Major

pdf Bachelor of Business Administration, Management Major

pdf Bachelor of Business Administration, Strategic Business Communication Major

pdf Bachelor of Science in Accounting

pdf Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice

Timetables for SPGS Courses

These Web-based timetables are for general public use and will be updated as changes occur until the start of a given academic term. The only official timetable is the one maintained by the Office of the Registrar. No change to the official timetable is effective until announced by the Office of the Registrar.

Deferments, Enrollment Verifications & Certifications

The Office of the Registrar is responsible for reporting information to third parties from the official student academic record. Loan deferments and verification of enrollment and school status are the most common requests. Requests are processed as quickly as possible. However, you should allow four or five business days for completion of a typical request. If you need the Secretary of State Apostille’s seal on a certified document, it may be subject to a processing fee and you should allow 30 days for processing.

Loan Deferment

For loan deferment requests, please contact your current loan servicer(s) and request an In-School Deferment form or download it here:
pdfIn-School Deferment.

Additional Financial Aid and Deferment Forms for School of Graduate & Professional Studies and School of Education.

Complete the form and submit it to the Baker University Office of the Registrar:

Deferments will be completed once classes have started and the instructor has posted attendance (if applicable).

Lender information can be found through the National Student Loan Data System at

Degree or Enrollment Verifications

For Current Students

Please contact the Office of the Registrar:

For Third-Party Verifiers

The National Student Clearinghouse is our authorized agent for providing degree and enrollment verifications for third parties. Please visit to make your request.

Policies & Notification

FERPA Statement

Baker University maintains compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) of 1974 as amended. FERPA defines educational requirements, which are designed to protect the privacy of students concerning their records maintained by Baker University.

Full FERPA Statement

Notice of Nondiscrimination

It is the policy of Baker University to afford equal opportunity for all persons. As such, the university will not discriminate based on an individual’s race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, or other status protected by law, in admission to or employment in its education programs or activities.

Full Notice of Nondiscrimination

ADA Policy

Baker University is committed to providing “reasonable accommodations” in keeping with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act and the Americans with Disability Act of 1992. Students must provide appropriate documentation of the disability, which should include appropriate diagnostic testing and a recommendation form prepared by qualified personnel outside of Baker University. “Reasonable accommodations” will be determined by university staff in consultation with the student, faculty and/or staff member. Accommodations are not retroactive.

Full ADA Statement

Disclaimer | Changes in University Regulations

Baker University reserves the right to make modifications to degree requirements, courses, schedules, calendars, regulations and fees as deemed necessary or conducive to the efficient operation of the university. Such changes become effective as announced by the proper university officials.


Office of the Registrar
7301 College Blvd.
Overland Park, KS 66210
913.491.4432 | Fax: 913.344.1280

Pin It on Pinterest