- Choose from more than 40 degrees and majors.
- An average class size of 13 students allows plenty of interaction with professors and classmates.
- Faculty's main responsibility is teaching, not research, and they hold extensive office hours.
- The academic year consists of two semesters, plus a three-week Interterm in January, when students enroll in one class or participate in an internship. Two five-week summer sessions are held.
- To complete a bachelor’s degree, you must complete 128 semester hours with a grade point average of at least 2.0 (C).
Credentials & Admissions Requirements
Admission to the university is based on your grade point average and the type of courses you took in high school. Baker University will attempt to internally evaluate all submitted international credentials and thus encourages submission of materials directly to the Office of Admissions. In some cases, Baker may require that the international credentials be sent for an evaluation to Educational Credential Evaluators.
Please send the following information to the Office of Admissions:
- Secondary school transcripts and all college transcripts
- Standardized test scores:
- English-speaking countries: ACT or SAT scores
- Non-English-speaking countries: TOEFL and/or IELTS result
Minimum TOEFL Score
- 525 on the paper-and-pencil test
- 195 on the computer-based test
- 70 on the IBT test
IELTS Overall Band
- Minimum score of 6
As soon as you are admitted to a degree program, we will send you an I-20 form to obtain a visa for entry to the United States.
Costs for 2015-2016
|Required fees |
(instructional fee, matriculation fee)
|Room and board (double occupancy in Gessner or Irwin Hall plus a 19-meal plan)||$8,270|
|Required health insurance |
(August 1 - July 31)
|Personal expenses |
(approximately $150/month for 9 months)
By completing the international student application for admission you are also applying for financial aid. Academic scholarships ranging from $5,000 to $10,000 per year are given based on academic achievement. You must submit official academic transcripts plus TOEFL or SAT or ACT test scores to be considered for the scholarship.
Arrangements to Pay Fees