Students who wish to be considered for financial aid are required to fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Two types of aid are available to those who qualify: federal grants and federal loans. You may also pursue outside scholarships and employer reimbursement. Grants and scholarships do not need to be repaid. Student loans are repaid after graduation.
The electronic processes of financial aid are listed below:
- Get your FAFSA PIN at www.pin.ed.gov. This is your electronic signature.
- Complete your FAFSA application online at www.fafsa.gov. Baker's federal school code is 001903.
- Apply for loans Learn about student loan options to help pay for your education and apply online for loans that best fit you. Contact the Office of Financial aid for more information.
Federal Pell Grants are based on FAFSA results.
Federal Supplemental Education Opportunity Grants are for students who are eligible for a Federal Pell Grant.
Federal Direct Loans fall into two categories: subsidized and unsubsidized. Subsidized loans are based on need and the federal government pays the interest while you are in school. Unsubsidized loans are not need-based, but you must pay the interest while you are in school or it will be added to the principal at repayment.
Federal Direct Parent Loan for Undergraduate Dependent Students (PLUS) are not based on need, but a FAFSA form must be filed. The maximum your parent may borrow is cost of attendance minus any financial aid that you receive.
Veterans Education Benefits
Baker is one of America's 2012 Top Military-Friendly Colleges and Universities according to Military Advanced Education magazine. The VA certifying official serves students using VA education benefits through the following programs in conjunction with their enrollment at Baker University:
- Post 9/11 GI Bill (CH.33)
- Montgomery GI Bill – Active Duty (CH.30)
- Montgomery GI Bill – Selected Reserve (Ch. 1606)
- Reserve Educational Assistance Program (CH. 1607)
- Survivors and Dependents Educational Assistance (CH. 35)
- VA Vocational Rehabilitation (CH. 31)