Transfer and International Transfer Student Webinar

10 a.m. (CST) | July 22, 2020

Are you still considering transferring to Baker University? Want to know how your credits will transfer, how to complete your application, or what the fall 2020 semester will look like?

We’ll discuss:

    • Financial aid
    • Transferring credits
    • Admission process
    • Baker’s COVID-19 response

Here’s your opportunity to get answers to your questions and learn why Baker would be a great and affordable fit for you!

International students: We will hold a separate question and answer session at the end just for you. We know there have been a lot of changes recently for our international students and we are here to answer your questions.

You’ll wonder why you ever went anywhere else.

You Can Afford Baker

Nine of 10 Baker students receive financial aid. And we offer the following scholarships to transfer students. Eligibility is based on a cumulative transfer GPA determined by the Baker University registrar at the time of enrollment.

Scholarship/Award Amount Req. GPA Renewal cum. GPA
Honors Scholarship $13,000 3.60-4.0 3.00
Academic Merit Scholarship $10,000 3.0-3.59 2.50
Wildcat Scholarship $8,000 2.60-2.99 2.25
Phi Theta Kappa *Must be a member Additional $1,000 3.25 2.50

Transfer Credits From a Partner School

Ease your transfer process by earning an associate degree from one of our partner schools. See whether your school holds an articulation agreement with Baker.

Find out how your credits will transfer.

Check out the transfer equivalency guides or have official transcripts from previously attended institutions sent to us and we will provide an evaluation for you. Call the Office of Admissions at 785.594.8325.



“Everything fell into place when I became involved at Baker – I found my niche. I know everyone says it, but it’s so true that there really is a place for everyone here. I love everything I do because I get to influence people’s experience at Baker and help them love it as much as I have learned to. I get to see the direct results of my hard work and see how it affects the students around me.”


“The biggest advantage Baker has given me with broadcasting is the ability to actually do it. I know several people that go to bigger schools with ‘better’ journalism programs, but they don’t get to actually practice. I’ve been able to broadcast games, host radio shows, and gain tons of experience since the day I walked on campus. There aren’t many places anywhere else in the area where that is possible.”


“Nine years ago, I had my own campus visit. Since then, I joined a sorority, lived in a castle, skied for the first time, met some of my best friends, been a bridesmaid in three college friends’ weddings, saw the original site of the Chapel, won a national dance championship, graduated with honors, went to law school, traveled to 12 countries, ran a half marathon, became an attorney, and advised and taught students at the place where it all began.”


“I chose theatre as my minor because I love doing theatre and it’s this creative outlet that keeps me mentally healthy. And studying at Baker, I was able to take a lot of courses outside of just theatre and had so many more opportunities here than I would have gotten at a large school.”


“When I first visited, everyone on campus would say hi to me and it was so friendly. It was the community that brought me here, and that includes the music faculty. They really do a lot to try and prepare you for life after graduation because they generally care so much about every student. They work hard to make me the best musician I can be.”


“What I love most about Baker are the small class sizes and how, no matter what, I can always approach my professors. And also how easy it is to get involved, but still be able to be academically pushed. Baker is definitely where I’m supposed to be.”


“Someday, I’ll tell my children about how Baker has given me the world and a place I will always call home. Baker is 158 years old, and here’s to 158 more years worth of lives changed and memories made.”


“My favorite part about Baker is the relationships formed here. I can hold a conversation with just about anyone I see on campus, even if I’ve only met them once. The professors genuinely care about me as a person and continue to show that long after the classes I took from them are over. This is especially true of my adviser, as I often sit in his office for an hour at a time, discussing things not even remotely related to Baker or my studies.”


Baker University accepts credit from all regionally accredited U.S. institutions. BU also accepts military course credits evaluated by the American Council on Education, AP and CLEP examination credits. Transfer of credit is subject to the following university-wide limitations:

  1. Baker will accept up to 12 credit hours of technical courses completed at other accredited institutions.
  2. Transfer grade points are not included in the calculation of the Baker University GPA.
  3. Transfer courses in which a grade of C- or higher was earned are accepted for credit.
  4. Remedial courses do not transfer as degree credit.
Transfer Your Credits

Request that a final official college transcript from any college or colleges you have attended be sent directly from the registrar of that college to the Office of Admissions, Baker University, P.O. Box 65, Baldwin City, KS 66006. See how to send transcripts to Baker University.

Students with college work in progress may be admitted based on an official but incomplete transcript; however, an official transcript must be submitted upon completion of the hours in progress. Such admission decisions are subject to review if the final transcript reflects a change in academic standing.

Baker University accepts Certified PDF transcripts sent to


How Transfer Courses Are Evaluated & Avenues for Appeal

Evaluation to determine BU course equivalency is based on course content as described in the course description in the catalog of the sending institution. This evaluation is performed by the graduation and transfer specialist, who consults with academic chairpersons as needed.

If the student or the sending institution disagrees with the course evaluation, a course syllabus may be submitted for review, or a request to substitute the nonequivalent course for a BU requirement may be made. The student's academic chair makes the decision on the substitution request.

Transfer Equivalency Guide for Prospective Baker Students

Baker University’s Transfer Equivalency Guide below is intended to show prospective students how courses may transfer. This information is not a guarantee or contract. This is not an official evaluation of your transfer work and should be used as a guide only. Course evaluations are date sensitive and change over time.

Courses transferred from other four-year institutions will be designated upper or lower division according to the original institution’s numbering system. Courses from two-year institutions will be designated as lower-division courses. Remedial courses do not transfer as degree credit.

Coursework that has no direct equivalent is coded as elective: 1++, 3++. Review “note” icon for additional information regarding a course. Courses not listed may not have been previously evaluated or will transfer as electives and may be substituted for specific requirements if determined appropriate by the student's academic chair.


Articulation agreements between Baker University and our partner schools improve the transfer process by providing a plan for transferring your credit hours to Baker. While Baker welcomes applications for admission from any student, the agreement pertains to students who earn an associate degree with a minimum GPA of 2.6 on a 4.0 scale.

What an Articulation Agreement Means for You

  • If you earn an associate degree with a GPA of at least 2.6 from a partner school, you are guaranteed admission to Baker University.
  • Partner-college coursework completes all Baker Quest (general education) requirements except for SN 231 Transfer Salon II (3 credits), upper-level Quest requirements (9-10 credits), and SN401 Summit Salon (1 credit).
  • If you have not completed a minimum number of credit hours in natural science, physical science, arts or humanities, you will fill these requirements through specific Quest courses.
  • If your cumulative GPA is greater than 2.6, you will qualify for an academic scholarship. You may also seek additional financial aid based on extracurricular involvement and financial need.
  • Baker guarantees the acceptance of all associate degree program credits as long as the course grades are C or higher and the course number is 100 or higher. This includes courses counted toward the associate degree taken through high school dual enrollment arrangements.
  • Baker University grants credit for work completed through the College-Level Examination Program (CLEP), advanced placement tests (AP) and International Baccalaureate program (IB). Details regarding score requirements and fees appear in the Baker University Course Catalog.

A full description of the agreement for each school can be found in the links to the right.

How to Transfer to Baker

  • Complete Baker’s admission application. There is no application fee.
  • Submit an official copy of either your final high school transcript or GED scores to the Office of Admission, Baker University, P.O. Box 65, Baldwin City, KS 66006.
  • Submit official copies of academic transcripts from all colleges attended to the Office of Admission, Baker University, P.O. Box 65, Baldwin City, KS 66006. When available, the final partner-college transcript, showing completion of the associate degree, must be sent to Baker.
  • When selecting partner-college courses, plan to include at least 6 credit hours of natural/physical science, and 6 credit hours of arts or humanities (creative expression) in the overall curriculum. This sequence best prepares you for academic success at Baker.
  • Submit credentials from CLEP, AP, or IB experiences to the Office of Admission, Baker University, P.O. Box 65, Baldwin City, KS 66006.
  • Consult with the Office of Financial Aid about scholarship options and recommended completion of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
  • After receiving an offer of admission and assuring family comfort with financing details, Baker University representatives will provide assistance with all subsequent enrollment steps including housing, board plan selection, course registration, health services details, orientation, and so on.


Anna McCullough
Assistant Director of International & Transfer Recruitment
Office: 785.594.8458
Cell: +1 913.832.7756
Fax: 785.594.8353

Baker University
P.O. Box 65, Baldwin City, KS 66006

Pin It on Pinterest