Unique & Innovative
Learn how to harness instructional design and performance technology to improve efficiency in the workplace.
The online Ed.D. in IDPT program prepares professionals to use instructional design and performance technology, particularly in the growing field of online learning and training, to lead and direct the training and performance in a variety of workplaces. It is the only online doctoral program of its type in the region.
Based on competencies from the International Board of Standards for Training, Performance and Instruction, Baker developed the curriculum with input from an advisory panel with a wide range of backgrounds, including company presidents and CEOs, instructional design professionals, performance improvement consultants, project managers, multimedia learning specialists, e-learning developers, software engineers, and scholars in the field.
Learn From The Best
All faculty are experienced professionals in instructional design, training, or performance and bring diverse perspectives to each course.
Baker graduate programs are approved for federal financial loan programs. Contact Financial Aid for further information.
The Ed.D. in IDPT program is approved by the Higher Learning Commission (312.263.0456, hlcommission.org).
Dr. Marc Childress | Vice President for Academic Affairs
Amy | Class of 2020
Requirements & Curriculum
Transfer Graduate Hours
Directed Field Experience
- The online Ed.D. in IDPT program fits the demanding schedules of working professionals.
- Each online course lasts seven weeks.
- The Ed.D. in IDPT is delivered in our popular cohort model.
- Course work is completed in two years.
- The third year is devoted to completing the dissertation.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do I need specific experience or education to qualify for this program?
2. How long is the program?
3. Do I need to take the GRE?
4. I am a classroom teacher. Am I eligible for this program?