Online Degree Programs at Baker University
Meeting you where you are
Learning doesn’t have to happen in a classroom. For decades, Baker Online has taken a pioneering approach to extend quality educational opportunities beyond traditional boundaries.
We offer flexible, accelerated online degree and certificate programs, making online education more accessible. Our online degree programs meet not only the demands of the evolving workforce, but also the needs of students who have limited time to earn a degree.
Family, full-time work, and other important commitments don’t have to hold you back. We help students weave these experiences into accelerated online degree programs that meet them wherever they are.
Baker’s online degree programs offer many advantages:
Fast career impact.
Baker students who earn an online degree create influence and value—even before they graduate. Learn at night, over lunch, or during your morning coffee and ignite new ideas the next day at work.
Degrees built around you.
Designed for accessibility and flexibility, accelerated courses let you build a custom degree based on your professional interests and career plans.
Highly ranked and affordable.
Our accredited online degree programs are highly ranked for being the best, having the highest ROI in Kansas, and fostering the highest average salaries among graduates of universities in Kansas.
Baker’s online degree programs break down communication barriers, giving you direct access to classmates and instructors in a cohort model that offers outstanding networking opportunities. Faculty and advisors get to know you so they can provide tailored feedback and step-by-step support.
Online Bachelor’s Degree Programs
Baker’s online bachelor’s degree programs cover a range of subjects that focus on business, psychology, and criminal justice:
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Human Resources major) Learn the ins and outs of staffing, employee compensation and benefits, recruitment, and training and development.
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Marketing major) Learn how to plan, develop, deliver, and manage effective marketing strategies for businesses and organizations.
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Organizational Management major) Refine the management skills you need to lead people, run a department of your own, or create effective company strategy.
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Project Management major) Manage the process of creating a unique product, service, or result by managing project teams through effective leadership, communication, and team building.
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Sport Management major) Work in an industry you love that combines the thrill of teamwork and competition with a commitment to building successful and profitable sports enterprises.
- Bachelor of Science (Criminal Justice major) Prepare for a professional career in the criminal justice system, law school, a master’s in social work, or another graduate program.
- Bachelor of Science (Psychology major) This online bachelor’s degree program helps you build a well-rounded understanding of human behavior that you can use in any field.
- Bachelor of Science (Interdisciplinary Studies major) This online degree lets you custom design your program and prepare for employment in nearly any field or start your own business.
- ADN to Bachelor of Science in Nursing Boost your earning potential, enhance your decision-making skills, and build on your existing education by turning your RN into a BSN through this program designed for working nurses.
Or, if you’re looking for an associate degree, you can earn an Associate of Arts in Business at Baker. This program introduces you to business fundamentals and prepares you to complete our Bachelor of Business Administration or Bachelor of Science programs.
Online Master’s Degree Programs
Baker’s online master’s degree programs are built for working professionals who need to get as much as they can from a graduate program—and as quickly as possible.
Baker Online offers a range of online master’s degree programs in business, education, and nursing:
- Master of Science in Instructional Design & Performance Technology Learn to use instructional design and performance technology to create effective training programs and education experiences.
- Master of Arts in Education This online master’s degree program helps you sharpen your skills to become an exemplary and respected educational leader while increasing your earning power.
- Master of Science in School Leadership Learn how to handle the issues and challenges today’s schools face as you prepare to secure a PK-12 building administration license in Kansas or certificate in Missouri.
- Master of Science in Special Education Become highly marketable and highly valuable by understanding how to work with K-12 students who have high-incidence learning disabilities.
- Master of Science in Higher Education Leadership Study higher education trends and prepare for roles in advising, enrollment management, admissions, retention, financial aid, or student affairs.
- Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership Develop collaborative, flexible leadership skills in social justice, global citizenship, and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Master of Business Administration Meet the demands of traditional and emerging fields with one of eight concentrations: data analytics, finance, health care administration, human resource management, strategic management, supply chain management and logistics, transformational studies, and venture and innovation development.
- Master of Science in Sport Management Develop skills in facility planning, event management, sports marketing, and sports law.
- Master of Science in Nursing Shape the next generation of health care professionals by studying nursing education or nursing administration.
- ADN to Master of Science in Nursing This bridge program eliminates repetition, allowing you to earn your MSN faster and at less cost.
Baker University also helps you earn education licenses:
- Para to Teacher Program Prepare to fill the much needed role of licensed special education teacher, which offers the possibility of employment while finishing your program. Earning a limited apprentice license offers a flexible route to a master’s in special education for paraeducators who hold a bachelor’s degree.
- Building-Level Licensure Endorsement Kansas teachers who already hold a master’s degree can complete coursework at a lower credit-hour cost while gaining hands-on experience that will lead to a role as a school administrator.
Online Doctoral Degree Programs
In addition to joining an online master’s degree program or an online bachelor’s degree program, you can also earn one of three online doctoral degrees—with all the same benefits of any Baker accredited online degree program.
A unique component of Baker’s doctoral programs is the availability of a research analyst who works with you and your advisor in research design, methodology, analysis of data, and results of the study.
- Doctor of Education in Instructional Design & Performance Technology The only online doctoral program of its kind in the region that prepares you to use instructional design and performance technology to lead and direct training and performance in a variety of workplaces.
- Doctor of Education in Educational Leadership Learn how to become a more effective leader at the district level and gain a better understanding of executive decision-making.
- Doctor of Education in Leadership in Higher Education Prepare to pursue leadership positions at public and private institutions, community colleges, and technical colleges.
Recertification Courses for Educators
Recertification & Professional Development Courses
Choose from professional development and recertification courses in diverse content areas on a variety of topics.
Online Graduate Business Certificates
If you aren’t ready for an accredited online degree program but still want to increase marketability, strengthen your knowledge in a specific area, and enhance your earning potential, then consider a graduate business certificate.
Baker Online offers certificates in data analytics; diversity, equity, and inclusion; finance; health care administration; human resource management; leadership and organizational change; and supply chain management and logistics.
Baker Is Military Friendly
Military Advanced Education named Baker University one of America’s Top Military-Friendly Colleges and Universities. Veterans and active-duty service members and their spouses may qualify for tuition discounts.
Meet Our Students
“I really enjoyed learning from diverse instructors and students at Baker. Instructors come from all aspects of current industry and offer real-time and relevant experience along with unique perspectives. Fellow students echo this as well as offer additional demographic diversities.”
—Jeremiah | Class of 2021